- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
In forward-thinking Queen West, a feast of herbivorous cuisine jumps off the vegan menu at this relaxing amber-lit café. Besides being meat- and dairy-free, dishes are also noted as gluten- or wheat-free. Pan-fried cornmeal polenta is suited up with herbed tomato sauce; handmade pasta dishes are plump with wild mushrooms and vegetables. Cleanse your palate with innovative fresh juice cocktails and local organic wines.
- Address: 478 Queen St. W, Queen West, Toronto, ON, M5T 1P1 | Map It
- Phone: 416/504-5127
- Website: www.fressenrestaurant.com
- Metro Osgoode.
- Location: Chinatown, Kensington Market, Queen West, and The Beach
- Credit cards accepted.
- No lunch weekdays.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $132 & up -- Toronto 4-Star Hotel: Stay 2, Get 3rd Free The Westin Harbour Castle
- $120 & up -- Toronto Hotel in Spring, Stay 3 nights, 20% off Novotel Toronto North York
At almost 1pm, with a blast of its horn my cruise ship pulls away from the dock and we are on the way for one of the shortest cruises I have ever taken. Read more
From Montreal to Vancouver B.C and many other places I have visited in Canada over the years, I have always enjoyed my time in this beautiful country except for a few winter days in Edmonton or having to Read more
We'd love to go to a rodeo this summer while we are on our Canadian travels! Actually, anything that we might not do in the States (or Netherlands where the inlaws are coming from) would Read more
· News & Features
New Yorker, Michelin-rated Chef, Frenchman, and father, Daniel Boulud knows where to find great food,... Read more
Canada's largest city is a terrific food destination with five Chinatowns, two Little Italys, a Greektown,... Read more
Last week, the Four Seasons Toronto reopened after getting a major face lift.... Read more