- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
You can't miss the angular, Daniel Libeskind-designed crystalline extension to the Royal Ontario Museum, which juts out over Bloor Street; and you shouldn't miss dining at C5, the starkly designed, unapologetically modernist restaurant on the addition's fifth floor. Visitors enjoy panoramic city views, while savvy locals know to arrive early for a drink in the stylish lounge, whose black furnishings juxtapose with the adjacent brightly lighted, white dining room. An underrated house-made charcuterie platter and a famous boutique cheese platter best demonstrate the focus on regional cuisine, complemented further by Ontario and Canadian wines. The tasting menu showcases the chef's inspirations and seasonal ingredients beautifully. Brunch is just as popular as dinner, though drawing a more varied crowd with families and larger groups. If you're coming for dinner, time your reservation for sunset.
- Address: 100 Queen's Park, 5th fl., enter from Bloor St., Queen's Park, Toronto, ON, M5S 2C6 | Map It
- Phone: 416/586-7928
- Hours: No dinner Sun.--Wed.
- Website: www.c5restaurant.ca
- Metro Museum.
- Location: Queen's Park, The Annex, Yorkville, and Little Italy
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $132 & up -- Toronto 4-Star Hotel: Stay 2, Get 3rd Free The Westin Harbour Castle
- $120 & up -- Toronto Hotel in Spring, Stay 3 nights, 20% off Novotel Toronto North York
At almost 1pm, with a blast of its horn my cruise ship pulls away from the dock and we are on the way for one of the shortest cruises I have ever taken. Read more
From Montreal to Vancouver B.C and many other places I have visited in Canada over the years, I have always enjoyed my time in this beautiful country except for a few winter days in Edmonton or having to Read more
We'd love to go to a rodeo this summer while we are on our Canadian travels! Actually, anything that we might not do in the States (or Netherlands where the inlaws are coming from) would Read more
· News & Features
New Yorker, Michelin-rated Chef, Frenchman, and father, Daniel Boulud knows where to find great food,... Read more
Canada's largest city is a terrific food destination with five Chinatowns, two Little Italys, a Greektown,... Read more
Last week, the Four Seasons Toronto reopened after getting a major face lift.... Read more