- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The Gardiner Café
The Gardiner Café Review
Well-known local- and seasonal-cuisine advocate chef Jamie Kennedy is still at the helm here, although his name is no longer in the title. All limestone, slate, blond oak, and glass, the airy dining room is a fitting accompaniment to a simple focus on sandwiches and salads. The lunch crowd (dinner is not served) enjoys seasonal starters before more substantial offerings like a smooth Ontario sweet corn bisque with a plump, seared scallop. Count on excellent signature frites with cider mayo, fabulous cheese plates and charcuterie, the daily poutine, and bulgar wheat salad. Wines are matched with each dish, including many from Ontario's Niagara region—home, too, to the berries in the pleasingly retro strawberry shortcake. To enjoy Jamie Kennedy's creations in the evening, head to Gilead Cafe at the less accessible neighborhood of Corktown.
- Address: 111 Queen's Park, Queen's Park, Toronto, ON, M56 2C7 | Map It
- Phone: 416/362-1957
- Website: www.jamiekennedy.ca
- Metro Museum.
- Location: Queen's Park, The Annex, Yorkville, and Little Italy
- Credit cards accepted.
- Open for lunch 7 days, for private functions only in the evening.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $132 & up -- Toronto 4-Star Hotel: Stay 2, Get 3rd Free The Westin Harbour Castle
At almost 1pm, with a blast of its horn my cruise ship pulls away from the dock and we are on the way for one of the shortest cruises I have ever taken. Read more
From Montreal to Vancouver B.C and many other places I have visited in Canada over the years, I have always enjoyed my time in this beautiful country except for a few winter days in Edmonton or having to Read more
What is the best (fastest, easiest and/or cheapest) way to get from Toronto to Niagara Falls? Read more
· News & Features
New Yorker, Michelin-rated Chef, Frenchman, and father, Daniel Boulud knows where to find great food, ... Read more
Canada's largest city is a terrific food destination with five Chinatowns, two Little Italys, a Greektown,... Read more
Last week, the Four Seasons Toronto reopened after getting a major face lift.... Read more