- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- Toronto's hottest address and Hollywood hot spot
- well-equipped techno gym
- private spa
- great in-room amenities
- Toronto's hottest address with prices to reflect it
- screening room and other perks may not be available to average guests
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
Hazelton Hotel Review
A lot can be surmised by the Hazelton's opening in 2007, which was timed right before the Toronto International Film Festival, signaling Hollywood to move in and the rest of us to enjoy the same celebrity treatment. Stepping through a discreet check-in reception area, guests are personally ushered through the dim, plush hallways to stunning guest rooms with sumptuous furnishings, nine-foot ceilings, floor-to-ceiling windows, individual doorbells, and electronic housekeeping controls. They're set apart from the main hallways to ensure absolute silence. No expense was spared in the bathrooms, with their fog-free LCD TVs built into the mirror, three distinct showerheads, plunge tubs, heated floors, and enough marble to please a monarch. Other nice touches include complimentary beverages, a selection of loose teas from local Tea Emporium, and L'Occitane En Provence amenities. You'll feel intimately acquainted with the jovial bustle of Yorkville life as you open your (soundproof) French doors or step out onto your balcony. In-room dining is 24 hours, and the menu changes frequently at the hands of celebrity chef Mark McEwan, who runs the hugely popular lobby restaurant, One. Each of the four floors has its own mini-business center, so you can pad your way down the hall to check email in your bathrobe, should you wish. If you're very fortunate, you may be invited to the private screening of a new film in the Hotel's 25-seat theater, complete with caramel-colored leather seats and a 16-foot-wide screen.
- Address: 118 Yorkville Ave., at Avenue Rd., Yorkville, Toronto, ON, M5R 2C1 | Map It
- Phone: 416/963-6300; 866/473-6301
- Website: www.thehazeltonhotel.com
- Metro Bay.
- Location: Queen's Park, The Annex, Yorkville, and Little Italy
- 62 rooms, 15 suites.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $204 & up -- 4-Star Toronto Hotel, Pay Birth Year for 2nd Nt Sheraton Centre Toronto
- $132 & up -- Toronto 4-Star Hotel: Stay 2, Get 3rd Free The Westin Harbour Castle
At almost 1pm, with a blast of its horn my cruise ship pulls away from the dock and we are on the way for one of the shortest cruises I have ever taken. Read more
From Montreal to Vancouver B.C and many other places I have visited in Canada over the years, I have always enjoyed my time in this beautiful country except for a few winter days in Edmonton or having to Read more
What is the best (fastest, easiest and/or cheapest) way to get from Toronto to Niagara Falls? Read more
· News & Features
New Yorker, Michelin-rated Chef, Frenchman, and father, Daniel Boulud knows where to find great food, ... Read more
Canada's largest city is a terrific food destination with five Chinatowns, two Little Italys, a Greektown,... Read more
Last week, the Four Seasons Toronto reopened after getting a major face lift.... Read more