- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Matahari Grill Review
It's hard to pass up any of the Southeast Asian dishes here, so you might use size as a decision-making tool. If you have a taste for adventure, order the platter for two: a sampling of satays, spring rolls, deep-fried wontons, keropok, and achar achar. Then get into more exotic flavors with the sambal udang—grilled tamarind-scented prawns in sweet, sour-and-spicy tamarind-shallots sambal. The seafood curry grill is scallops, prawns, calamari, tomatoes, and okra served in a tantalizing coconut-curry broth. In summer there's a tiny outdoor patio, but most people prefer the sophisticated green-and-white decor inside.
- Address: 39 Baldwin St., Chinatown, Toronto, ON, M5T 2L1 | Map It
- Phone: 416/596-2832
- Website: www.mataharigrill.com
- Metro St. Patrick.
- Location: Chinatown, Kensington Market, Queen West, and The Beach
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Mon. No lunch weekends.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $135 -- Toronto 4-Diamond Stay w/Ticket to Any Toronto Event The Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto
- $204 & up -- 4-Star Toronto Hotel, Pay Birth Year for 2nd Nt Sheraton Centre Toronto
At almost 1pm, with a blast of its horn my cruise ship pulls away from the dock and we are on the way for one of the shortest cruises I have ever taken. Read more
From Montreal to Vancouver B.C and many other places I have visited in Canada over the years, I have always enjoyed my time in this beautiful country except for a few winter days in Edmonton or having to Read more
We'd love to go to a rodeo this summer while we are on our Canadian travels! Actually, anything that we might not do in the States (or Netherlands where the inlaws are coming from) would Read more
· News & Features
New Yorker, Michelin-rated Chef, Frenchman, and father, Daniel Boulud knows where to find great food,... Read more
Canada's largest city is a terrific food destination with five Chinatowns, two Little Italys, a Greektown,... Read more
Last week, the Four Seasons Toronto reopened after getting a major face lift.... Read more