- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Frequent ferries connect downtown Toronto with the Toronto Islands. In summer, ferries leave every 15 to 30 minutes for Ward's Island, every hour for Centre Island, and every 30 to 45 minutes for Hanlan's Point. Ferries begin operation between 6:30 and 9 am and end between 10 and 11:45 pm. Fares are C$6.50 round-trip.
Toronto Islands Ferry (416/392-8193. www.toronto.ca/parks/island.)
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $135 -- Toronto 4-Diamond Stay w/Ticket to Any Toronto Event The Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto
- $204 & up -- 4-Star Toronto Hotel, Pay Birth Year for 2nd Nt Sheraton Centre Toronto