- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
You may want to pack light because airline luggage restrictions are tight. For winter, you need your warmest clothes, in many layers, and waterproof boots. A scarf that covers your face is a good idea—winds can be brutal. In summer, loose-fitting, casual clothing will see you through both day and evening events. It's a good idea to pack a sweater or shawl for cool evenings or restaurants that run their air conditioners full blast. Men will need a jacket and tie for the better restaurants and many of the nightspots. Jeans are as popular in Toronto as they are elsewhere and are perfectly acceptable for sightseeing and informal dining. Be sure to bring comfortable walking shoes. Consider packing a bathing suit for your hotel pool and a small umbrella.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $135 -- Toronto 4-Diamond Stay w/Ticket to Any Toronto Event The Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto
- $204 & up -- 4-Star Toronto Hotel, Pay Birth Year for 2nd Nt Sheraton Centre Toronto