- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Inn at Bay Fortune
At a Glance
- bikes and kayaks on-site
- many rooms have fireplaces and some have balconies
- mosquitos can be bothersome
- not directly on the beach
Inn at Bay Fortune Review
This 1910 inn was built by Elmer Blaney Harris (whose play Johnny Belinda was inspired by PEI events) and later owned by actress Colleen Dewhurst (who played Marilla in the Anne of Green Gables series). Now regular Joes can book into their gorgeous, gabled retreat and six-room addition. A pair of cottages is available a short distance away. Fine dining is available too. Dishes that make excellent use of fresh-caught and fresh-harvested ingredients can be savored in the restaurant, on the wrap-around veranda, or at the chef's table in the kitchen.
- Address: 758 Rte. 310, off Rte. 2, 10 minutes west of Souris, Bay Fortune, PE, C0A 2B0
- Phone: 902/687-3745; 888/687-3745
- Website: www.innatbayfortune.com
- Location: Bay Fortune
- 11 rooms, 6 suites, 2 cottages.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed early Oct.--late May.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $204 & up -- 4-Star Toronto Hotel, Pay Birth Year for 2nd Nt Sheraton Centre Toronto
- $132 & up -- Toronto 4-Star Hotel: Stay 2, Get 3rd Free The Westin Harbour Castle
- $156 -- Calgary 4-Diamond Summer Stay on Weekends, $120 Off — $156 Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire
I am trying organize a boating trip for our family of five. Read more
From time to time questions about viewing the Northern Lights are posted on this forum. Read more
We're planning to take a ferry from Tsawwassen to Swartz Bay on the afternoon of Friday 31 May, returning late afternoon on Sunday 2 June. Read more
· News & Features
Memorial Day is the unofficial start of what we like to call "weekend getaway season."... Read more
Wineries have a very obvious main draw.... Read more
The Aran Islands (Inishmore, Inishmaan, and Inisheer) are three small, but adventure-packed islands o... Read more