When to Go?
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
When to Go?
PEI is generally considered a summer destination—in July and August the ocean beaches have the warmest water north of the Carolinas—but don't overlook the shoulder seasons. May, June, September, and October usually have fine weather and few visitors. Some sights and restaurants outside Charlottetown close in September, but you won't have any problem finding food and lodging in the capital or in Summerside. Fall is spectacularly colorful, perfect for hiking and exploring. Winter means cross-country skiing, snowmobiling, and ice skating.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $132 & up -- Toronto 4-Star Hotel: Stay 2, Get 3rd Free The Westin Harbour Castle
- $120 & up -- Toronto Hotel in Spring, Stay 3 nights, 20% off Novotel Toronto North York
- $156 -- Calgary 4-Diamond Summer Stay on Weekends, $120 Off — $156 Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire