- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
One way to experience PEI like a native is to sign up with Tranquility Cove Adventures for a lobster-fishing (May and June), clam-digging (July-September), or deep-sea-fishing excursion (July-September).
The Island is popular with bicyclists for its moderately hilly roads and stunning scenery. The Confederation Trail, a 9-km (5½-mi) path near Cavendish Campground loops around marsh, woods, and farmland. Several tour companies, including Trailside Adventures in Mt. Stewart, rent bicycles and provide custom-made tours.
With its quiet coves and cozy bays, Prince Edward Island has become a haven for those who enjoy sea kayaking. Outside Expeditions provides rentals and tours designed for all levels of expertise. Deep-sea-fishing boats are available along the eastern end of the Island as well as in the north-shore region, and there are more than two dozen 9- and 18-hole golf courses on PEI that are open to the public.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $204 & up -- 4-Star Toronto Hotel, Pay Birth Year for 2nd Nt Sheraton Centre Toronto
- $156 -- Calgary 4-Diamond Summer Stay on Weekends, $120 Off Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire