- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Top Reasons to Go to Montréal
Browse Public Markets: Marche Atwater, one of the city's oldest public markets, and the bustling Marche Jean-Talon, in Little Italy, are two must-see places.
Check Out the Nightlife: There's a strong heritage of late-night revelry in this city. Top spots include rue Crescent, boulevard St-Laurent, and rue St-Denis, as well as Old Montreal and the Village, Montreal's gay epicenter.
Get a Dose of Multiculturalism: Montreal is a melting pot of world culture, yours to experience by exploring ethnic neighborhoods and sampling a range of cuisine.
Celebrate Jazz Fest: Montréal's biggest party happens every year in late June and early July—and if jazz is your thing it's not to be missed. Reserve early; hotels book up months in advance.
Stroll Old Montréal: Old Montreal has it all?cobblestone streets, a great waterfront, fine restaurants and bed-and-breakfasts, and the Old Port, which buzzes with nightlife.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Discover Montreal with AirCanada! 23 Routes From $296 DealBase
- Montreal Savings! Book 3 Nts in May Fr $251+/Nt Expedia
- Explore Montreal For Less! Book Fr $72+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $8/night less
- Montreal 4-Star Hotel Sale! 4 Nts + Air Fr $617 Expedia
- $11.95 & up : Midsize rentals in Montreal Hotwire