- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
A One-Day Ski Trip
If you ski or snowboard but are dedicated to a weekend in the city, you're in luck, because Montréal affords you the opportunity to have the best of both worlds.
Being so close to the Laurentians and the Eastern Townships means that a quick jaunt of an hour or less can put you on the slopes before lunchtime. A slightly longer drive brings you to one of the top ski resorts in the northeast.
In the Eastern Townships, there's Mont Bromont, which has 145 trails over seven different hillsides and Mont Sutton, with stunning views and a charming village. If you want to do some night skiing, your best bet is nearby Mont St-Bruno. A two-hour drive into the Laurentian Mountains brings you to Mont Tremblant, a huge ski area that's good for families or couples.
For those who prefer cross-country, it's not necessary to leave Montréal at all, as Parc du Mont-Royal, right in the center of the city, has countless trails—though they're not all level. However, the area around the Lachine Canal has a few miles of relatively flat trails perfect for novices.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Discover Montreal with AirCanada! 23 Routes From $296 DealBase
- Book 3.5-Star Zero 1 Fr $168+/Nt Save with Expedia, $18/night less
- Save $$ in Montreal: Book Fr $190+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $91/night less
- Save at 4-Star Hotel: 4 Nts + Air to Montreal Fr $897 Expedia
- $13.95 & up : Midsize rentals in Montreal Hotwire