- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
At a Glance
- Fodorites recommend the rooftop terrace and restaurant for great views of the Old City
- lively bar right on rue St-Paul
- huge bath tubs
- weekend wedding traffic
- valet parking is $28 plus tax
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
Hôtel Nelligan Review
There's a cultivated air of refinement echoing through this ultraromantic hotel, a landmark on rue St-Paul named after Québec's most passionate poet, Émile Nelligan. The hotel, just a block south of the Basilique Notre-Dame-de-Montréal, occupies two adjoining buildings from the 1850s, when thick stone and brick walls were common. Penthouses have terraces with views of the river; others overlook the four-story, brick-walled atrium. All beds are king-size, and the bathrooms are big enough to park your car. At the pub-style bar, Méchant Bœuf, make sure to snag a table near the window overlooking rue St-Paul and watch the world hustle by. And for breakfast with a view of the Old City and the harbor, try the rooftop terrace.
- Address: 106 rue St-Paul Ouest, Old Montréal, Montréal, QC, H2Y 1Z3 | Map It
- Phone: 514/788-2040; 877/788-2040
- Website: www.hotelnelligan.com
- Metro Place-d'Armes.
- Location: Old Montréal (Vieux-Montréal)
- 44 rooms, 59 suites, 2 penthouses.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Discover Montreal with AirCanada! 23 Routes From $296 DealBase
- Book in Montreal Fr $72+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $8/night less
- Days Inn Montreal Airport on Sale: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $180+/Nt Expedia
- 4-Star Montreal Sale! 4 Nts + Air Fr $873 Expedia
- $11.95 & up : Midsize rentals in Montreal Hotwire
We spent a delightful week this October in Canada and I thought it would be nice to share given the limited number of postings for both Montreal and Quebec City.
First, let me say that this trip was i Read more
We recently traveled to Quebec City and stayed at a B&B in Levis, CA, which is across the river from Quebec City. Read more
We'd love to go to a rodeo this summer while we are on our Canadian travels! Actually, anything that we might not do in the States (or Netherlands where the inlaws are coming from) would Read more
· News & Features
Nothing is as hot in Canada in wintertime as the Montreal en Lumiere festival.... Read more
Whether it's a bachelorette party or a gaggle of girls who are looking to get away, we've got just the... Read more
North America may be slow on the bike sharing uptake, but the rest of the world has already fallen fo... Read more