- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Not everyone thought it was a great idea to transform an Olympic bicycle-racing stadium into a natural-history exhibit, but the result is one of the city's most popular attractions. Four ecosystems—a boreal forest, a tropical forest, a polar landscape, and the St. Lawrence River—are under one climate-controlled dome. You follow pathways through each environment, observing indigenous flora and fauna. A word of warning: the tropical forest is as hot and humid as the real thing, and the Québec and Arctic exhibits can be frigid. If you want to stay comfortable, dress in layers.
- Address: 4777 av. Pierre-de-Coubertin, Hochelaga-Maisonneuve, Montréal, QC, H1V 1B3 | Map It
- Phone: 514/868-3000
- Cost: C$16.50
- Hours: Late June--early Sept., daily 9--6; early Sept.--early Mar., Tues.--Sun 9--5, early Mar.--late June, daily 9--5.
- Website: www.biodome.qc.ca
- Metro Viau.
- Location: Hochelaga-Maisonneuve
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Discover Montreal with AirCanada! 23 Routes From $296 DealBase
- Save in Montreal: Book 3 Nts in May at Champ-De-Mars Fr $118+/Nt Expedia
- Save $$ in Montreal: Book Fr $91+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $18/night less
- Top Vacation Sale! 4 Nts + Air as Low as $750 Travelocity
- $11.95 & up : Compact rentals in Montreal Hotwire
We spent a delightful week this October in Canada and I thought it would be nice to share given the limited number of postings for both Montreal and Quebec City.
First, let me say that this trip was i Read more
We recently traveled to Quebec City and stayed at a B&B in Levis, CA, which is across the river from Quebec City. Read more
We'd love to go to a rodeo this summer while we are on our Canadian travels! Actually, anything that we might not do in the States (or Netherlands where the inlaws are coming from) would Read more
· News & Features
Nothing is as hot in Canada in wintertime as the Montreal en Lumiere festival.... Read more
Whether it's a bachelorette party or a gaggle of girls who are looking to get away, we've got just the... Read more
North America may be slow on the bike sharing uptake, but the rest of the world has already fallen fo... Read more