- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Auberge de la Fontaine
At a Glance
- joggers paradise
- Fodorites like the park-side location on a bicycle trail, near restaurants
- kids under 12 stay for free
- out-dated lobby is a little sad
- some rooms are quite small and not well soundproofed
- parking can be difficult
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
Auberge de la Fontaine Review
A winner of the city's Prix Ulysse for the best three-star hotel, this turn-of-the-20th-century residence overlooks Parc Lafontaine and one of the city's major bicycle trails. Housed in two adjoining old homes with a signature yellow front door, it has welcoming flower boxes and big windows at the ground level. Serviceable rooms have exposed brick, whirlpool baths, plasma-screen TVs, and a few have private balconies with views of the park. The windows open, too, letting in fresh air. A copious continental breakfast is served in the dining room, and you're free to use the little ground-floor kitchen to keep snacks in the refrigerator.
- Address: 1301 rue Rachel Est, Plateau Mont-Royal, Montréal, QC, H2J 2K1 | Map It
- Phone: 514/597-0166; 800/597-0597
- Website: www.aubergedelafontaine.com
- Metro Mont-Royal.
- Location: The Plateau, Outremont, Mile End, and Little Italy
- 18 rooms, 3 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Discover Montreal with AirCanada! 23 Routes From $296 DealBase
- $148.00 & up : 5-star hotels in Montreal Hotwire
- 3-Star Holiday Inn Select Montreal Centre-Ville Fr $134+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $254/night less
- Super Savings on Montreal 5 Nts Htl + Air Fr $925 Travelocity
- $11.95 & up : Compact rentals in Montreal Hotwire
We spent a delightful week this October in Canada and I thought it would be nice to share given the limited number of postings for both Montreal and Quebec City.
First, let me say that this trip was i Read more
We recently traveled to Quebec City and stayed at a B&B in Levis, CA, which is across the river from Quebec City. Read more
My fiancee and I are planning to go to Quebec City this October after our wedding. Read more
· News & Features
Nothing is as hot in Canada in wintertime as the Montreal en Lumiere festival.... Read more
Whether it's a bachelorette party or a gaggle of girls who are looking to get away, we've got just the... Read more
North America may be slow on the bike sharing uptake, but the rest of the world has already fallen fo... Read more