- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Auberge du Vieux-Port
At a Glance
- expansive rooftop deck with retractable cover
- multi-jet showers
- occasional bouts of street noise
- not as fun for young kids
- glass showers afford no privacy
Check Rates from our Partners
Auberge du Vieux-Port Review
With stone and brick walls, brass beds, casement windows, wood floors, and exposed beams, this auberge is a magnet for romantics who appreciate the view of the river. After 18 new rooms were added last year, the buzz is all about the freshly remodeled rooftop deck and expanded street terrace along rue St-Paul. On warm summer nights, you can sip white wine and watch the fireworks competitions. A full breakfast is served in the stone-lined cellar, while the hotel's chic lounge is on the main floor.
- Address: 97 rue de la Commune Est, Old Montréal, Montréal, QC, H2Y 1J1 | Map It
- Phone: 514/876-0081; 888/660-7678
- Website: www.aubergeduvieuxport.com
- Metro Place-d'Armes or Champ-de-Mars.
- Location: Old Montréal (Vieux-Montréal)
- 45 rooms.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Discover Montreal with AirCanada! 23 Routes From $296 DealBase
- $148.00 & up : 5-star hotels in Montreal Hotwire
- Save $$ in Montreal: Book Fr $70+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $156/night less
- Super Savings on Montreal 2 Nts Htl + Air Fr $731 Travelocity
- $11.95 & up : Compact rentals in Montreal Hotwire
We spent a delightful week this October in Canada and I thought it would be nice to share given the limited number of postings for both Montreal and Quebec City.
First, let me say that this trip was i Read more
We recently traveled to Quebec City and stayed at a B&B in Levis, CA, which is across the river from Quebec City. Read more
We'd love to go to a rodeo this summer while we are on our Canadian travels! Actually, anything that we might not do in the States (or Netherlands where the inlaws are coming from) would Read more
· News & Features
Nothing is as hot in Canada in wintertime as the Montreal en Lumiere festival.... Read more
Whether it's a bachelorette party or a gaggle of girls who are looking to get away, we've got just the... Read more
North America may be slow on the bike sharing uptake, but the rest of the world has already fallen fo... Read more