- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Auberge les Passants du Sans Soucy
At a Glance
- exquisitely personal service
- guests can use the fridge downstairs
- air-conditioning in each room
- rooms need to be booked far in advance
- carpeting up the stairs is well-worn
- parking is a hassle
Auberge les Passants du Sans Soucy Review
Daniel Soucy, one of the friendliest and most urbane hosts you're likely to run into, will go out of his way to make you feel like a houseguest rather than a customer—if you're lucky enough to snag one of his nine rooms, that is. And some regulars would rather delay their vacation than stay anywhere else. No wonder: the rooms have faux fireplaces, new flat-screen TVs, brass beds, updated desks and chairs, stone walls, exposed beams, whirlpool baths, and lots of fresh-cut flowers. For breakfast you can select from dishes like salmon omelets and French toast, all served in front of a stained-glass wall, under a skylight, beside a fireplace. In the summer, sip your morning coffee in the cobblestone garden. (Or you can opt to have a continental breakfast delivered to your room.) This classy auberge was the first of its kind in the Old Port when it opened back in 1989, and all subsequent properties struggle to live up to its standard.
- Address: 171 rue St-Paul Ouest, Old Montréal, Montréal, QC, H2Y 1Z5 | Map It
- Phone: 514/842-2634
- Website: www.lesanssoucy.com
- Metro Square-Victoria or Place-d'Armes.
- Location: Old Montréal (Vieux-Montréal)
- 8 rooms, 1 suite.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Discover Montreal with AirCanada! 23 Routes From $296 DealBase
- $75.00 & up : 3-star hotels in Montreal Hotwire
- Save at 4-Star InterContinental Montreal: $226 & Up in May Expedia
- Montreal on Sale! 2 Nts + Air as Low as $696 Travelocity
- $13.95 & up : Midsize rentals in Montreal Hotwire
We spent a delightful week this October in Canada and I thought it would be nice to share given the limited number of postings for both Montreal and Quebec City.
First, let me say that this trip was i Read more
We recently traveled to Quebec City and stayed at a B&B in Levis, CA, which is across the river from Quebec City. Read more
My fiancee and I are planning to go to Quebec City this October after our wedding. Read more
· News & Features
Nothing is as hot in Canada in wintertime as the Montreal en Lumiere festival.... Read more
Whether it's a bachelorette party or a gaggle of girls who are looking to get away, we've got just the... Read more
North America may be slow on the bike sharing uptake, but the rest of the world has already fallen fo... Read more