- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
La Chronique Review
It's a pretty place with scarlet walls and black-and-white pictures, but people don't come to Chef Marc De Canck's little 36-seat restaurant for the ambience or for the crowd; they come, quite simply, for the food. Without fuss or fanfare, De Canck has been cranking out the city's most adventurous dishes ever since he opened in 1995. The man doesn't seem capable of compromise or playing safe. His work seamlessly blends lightened French fare with Japanese, Italian, Chinese, and Creole touches. Starters like red tuna tartare might precede milk-fed pig or duck dishes. Lately, he has been using more lobster, foie gras, and veal. To spend hours savoring the food, order the prix-fixe meals—five courses are C$89.
- Address: 99 rue Laurier Ouest, Mile-End, Montréal, QC, H2T 2N6 | Map It
- Phone: 514/271-3095
- Website: www.lachronique.qc.ca
- Metro Laurier.
- Location: The Plateau, Outremont, Mile End, and Little Italy
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- No lunch weekends.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Discover Montreal with AirCanada! 23 Routes From $296 DealBase
- $80.00 & up : 3-star hotels in Montreal Hotwire
- Small budget: Stay in Montreal this May Fr $462+/Nt Expedia
- Montreal on Sale! 3 Nts + Air as Low as $1,407 Travelocity
- $11.95 & up : Midsize rentals in Montreal Hotwire
We spent a delightful week this October in Canada and I thought it would be nice to share given the limited number of postings for both Montreal and Quebec City.
First, let me say that this trip was i Read more
We recently traveled to Quebec City and stayed at a B&B in Levis, CA, which is across the river from Quebec City. Read more
We will be flying from NYC to Somewhere in Quebec for the last two weeks in August. The kids are 7 and 12. We want off the beaten path. I was thinking Gaspe and the islands, or perhaps Tadoussac...I Read more
· News & Features
Nothing is as hot in Canada in wintertime as the Montreal en Lumiere festival.... Read more
Whether it's a bachelorette party or a gaggle of girls who are looking to get away, we've got just the... Read more
North America may be slow on the bike sharing uptake, but the rest of the world has already fallen fo... Read more