Denali Princess Wilderness Lodge
At a Glance
- most grandiose lodge in Denali
- gym and gift shop on-site
- with more than 600 rooms, too big to feel intimate
- killer views from the right parts of the lodge, though
Check Rates from our Partners
Denali Princess Wilderness Lodge Review
This humongous lodge lies along the Parks Highway in the Glitter Gulch community a mile north of the park entrance. Unlike the lodges at Kantishna, in the heart of the park, this one features rooms with TVs and telephones in case you want to catch up with the outside world. There is also a high-ceiling two-story main lodge with tour desk, sitting areas, gift shop, café, and dining room. Views from this hotel take in the Nenana River, and rich forest colors in rooms mimic the surroundings. Complimentary shuttle service is provided to the park and railroad station. The large King Salmon Dining Room offers an estimable view and fine dining featuring Alaskan seafood, and a dinner theater combines a meal with a musical comedy that recounts the first ascent of Mt. McKinley. If these don't suit your tastes, there are a variety of other eating venues within the lodge property.
- Address: Mi 238.5, Parks Hwy., 1 mi north of park entrance, Denali National Park, AK, 99755 | Map It
- Phone: 907/683-2282; 800/426-0500 reservations
- Website: www.princesslodges.com
- Location: Along the George Parks Highway
- 656 rooms.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Closed mid-Sept.--mid-May.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $599 & up -- Oceanview: Alaska 7-Night Summer Cruises American Express Travel
- $599 & up -- Balcony: 7-Night Alaska Cruise on Norwegian — $599 American Express Travel
- $299 & up -- 7-Night Alaska Cruise on Holland America — $299 American Express Travel
- $279 & up -- 7-Nt. Alaska Cruise on Princess from Vancouver — $279 American Express Travel
We have done a fair amount of traveling (often with help from these forums) and so people are always asking us where we are going next. Read more
My husband and I really wanted to get to Alaska this year, but due to scheduling conflicts the only time-frame we could make it work was the last weekend of September through the first week of October. Read more
My boyfriend and I will be in Alaska from June 29 (afternoon) - July 7 (morning). Read more
· News & Features
Whether as an ending to a South American tour or as a trip of solely outdoor adventures, Patagonia calls ... Read more
The Swiss city of Basel is getting ready to host to the who's who of the art world yet again, with the... Read more
Do you suffer from Vacation Deprivation?... Read more