Denali River Cabins and Cedars Lodge
At a Glance
- river views and Finnish sauna
- propane grills available
- cabins crowded together
- property situated near other resorts
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
Denali River Cabins and Cedars Lodge Review
The cabins, clustered along the glacially fed Nenana River, are next to McKinley Village Lodge, 7 miles south of the park entrance. A boardwalk connects the cedar-sided log cabins, most with double beds, and leads to spacious sundecks, as well as to the river. Cedars Lodge has standard, fully furnished hotel rooms and a restaurant open for breakfast and dinner. The management operates park excursions and a courtesy shuttle service to and from the train depot. There is nothing fancy about this lodging, but it's inexpensive for the area and it puts you near the action.
- Address: Mi 231.1, Parks Hwy., Denali National Park, AK, 99755 | Map It
- Phone: 800/230-7275; 907/374-3041 year-round; 907/683-8000 June 1-Sept. 15
- Website: www.seedenali.com
- Location: Along the George Parks Highway
- 48 rooms, 54 cabins.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Closed mid-Sept.--late May.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $599 & up -- Balcony: 7-Night Alaska Cruise on Norwegian American Express Travel
- $279 & up -- 7-Nt. Alaska Cruise on Princess from Vancouver — $279 American Express Travel
- $299 & up -- 7-Night Alaska Cruise on Holland America — $299 American Express Travel
We have done a fair amount of traveling (often with help from these forums) and so people are always asking us where we are going next. Read more
My husband and I really wanted to get to Alaska this year, but due to scheduling conflicts the only time-frame we could make it work was the last weekend of September through the first week of October. Read more
We are doing a northbound cruise from vancover to seward. Read more
· News & Features
Worried about your rights as a cruise ship passenger?... Read more
They say that if you put it in a tortilla, Los Angeles will eat it.... Read more
Often just a side trip from Hong Kong, Macau is known as a gambler's paradise.... Read more