229 Parks Restaurant and Tavern
229 Parks Restaurant and Tavern Review
Even if this hot spot didn't serve amazing food, the graceful timber-frame design, inviting atmosphere, and elaborate elm etchings would be enough to draw in crowds. But chef and owner Laura Cole directs a scratch kitchen that serves local produce; grass-fed, free-range meat; homemade ice cream and breads; and delectable imports. With its own vegetable gardens and sourcing from small, nearby producers, this is as organic and local as you can get without doing the hunting and gathering yourself. Menus change daily, according to availability. From handmade pappardelle pasta with reindeer sausage and leeks to wild-caught Alaskan weather-vane scallops with crisped prosciutto, Laura knows how to make food come to life. The restaurant takes reservations and may be the only place in Denali that can book up entirely, so plan ahead.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $599 & up -- Balcony: 7-Night Alaska Cruise on Norwegian American Express Travel
- $279 & up -- 7-Nt. Alaska Cruise on Princess from Vancouver — $279 American Express Travel
- $299 & up -- 7-Night Alaska Cruise on Holland America — $299 American Express Travel
We have done a fair amount of traveling (often with help from these forums) and so people are always asking us where we are going next. Read more
My husband and I really wanted to get to Alaska this year, but due to scheduling conflicts the only time-frame we could make it work was the last weekend of September through the first week of October. Read more
I had a chance to spent some time on a cruise ship traveling around North America,
so wanted to share some pictures from the trip; hope you will enjoy it!
http://www.allphotobangkok.com/index.php/around-north-america-cruise-ship-travel/ Read more
· News & Features
You might not expect to find yourself amongst wine grapes a mere 75 miles outside of New York City. ... Read more
Summertime is practically synonymous with road trips.... Read more
A family trip to Hawaii's Big Island would be one filled with outdoor thrills, animal adventures, and... Read more