- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Foggy Mountain Shop. Find groomed cross-country ski trails near the Eaglecrest Ski Area and at Mendenhall Campground in the winter. You can rent skis and get advice about touring the trails and ridges around town from Foggy Mountain Shop. The shop also outfits hikers and climbers in summer. 134 N. Franklin St., Juneau, AK, 99801. 907/586-6780. www.foggymountainshop.com.
Parks and Recreation Department. In the winter, the Parks and Recreation Department sponsors a group ski and snowshoe outing each Wednesday and Saturday when there's sufficient snow. Hikes are also offered in the summer. 155 S. Seward St., Juneau, AK, 99801. 907/586-5226; 907/586-0428 24-hr information. www.juneau.org/parksrec.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $599 & up -- Oceanview: Alaska 7-Night Summer Cruises American Express Travel
- $599 & up -- Balcony: 7-Night Alaska Cruise on Norwegian — $599 American Express Travel
- $299 & up -- 7-Night Alaska Cruise on Holland America — $299 American Express Travel
- $279 & up -- 7-Nt. Alaska Cruise on Princess from Vancouver — $279 American Express Travel