- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Gastineau Guiding. This company leads a variety of hikes in the Juneau area. Especially popular are the walks from the top of the tram on Mt. Roberts. 1330 Eastaugh Way, Suite 2, Juneau, AK, 99801. 907/586-8231. Tour@gguiding.com. www.stepintoalaska.com.
Parks and Recreation Department. In Juneau, the Parks and Recreation Department sponsors a group hike every Wednesday morning and an additional hike on Saturday in the summer. 155 S. Seward St., Juneau, AK, 99801. 907/586-5226; 907/586-0428 24-hr information. www.juneau.org/parkrec/hike.
U.S. Forest Service. Hikers can contact the U.S. Forest Service for trail books and maps. 8510 Mendenhall Loop Rd. (Juneau Ranger District office), Juneau, AK, 99801. 907/586-8790.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $599 & up -- Balcony: 7-Night Alaska Cruise on Norwegian American Express Travel
- $279 & up -- 7-Nt. Alaska Cruise on Princess from Vancouver — $279 American Express Travel
- $299 & up -- 7-Night Alaska Cruise on Holland America — $299 American Express Travel