- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Alaska Fjordlines. A popular day tour from Skagway and Haines to Juneau and back is operated by Alaska Fjordlines. Passengers board a high-speed catamaran at 8 am and stop along the way to watch sea lions, humpbacks, and other marine mammals. The boat gets to Juneau at 11 am, where a bus transports visitors into town and to Mendenhall Glacier, returning to the boat at 5:30 pm for the ride back to Skagway, where the boat returns at 8:15 pm. One-way service is also available. Skagway, AK. 907/766-3395 or 800/320-0146. firstname.lastname@example.org. www.alaskafjordlines.com.
Haines-Skagway Fast Ferry. Take a fast passenger catamaran ferry between Skagway and Haines with Haines-Skagway Fast Ferry, with service several times a day in summer. The trip is about 45 minutes each way. 39 Beach Rd., Skagway, AK, 99840. 907/766-2100 or 888/766-2103. email@example.com |. www.hainesskagwayfastferry.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $599 & up -- Oceanview: Alaska 7-Night Summer Cruises American Express Travel
- $599 & up -- Balcony: 7-Night Alaska Cruise on Norwegian — $599 American Express Travel
- $299 & up -- 7-Night Alaska Cruise on Holland America — $299 American Express Travel
- $279 & up -- 7-Nt. Alaska Cruise on Princess from Vancouver — $279 American Express Travel