- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Alaska Excursions. Booking independently with Alaska Excursions—which leads wheeled (no snow) sled-dog tours, horseback-riding tours, and golfing day trips—can be difficult, as cruise-ship groups reserve the bulk of available slots. 5th Ave., Skagway, AK, 99840. 907/983-4444. firstname.lastname@example.org. www.alaskaexcursions.com.
Packer Expeditions. This company offers guided hikes on wilderness trails not accessible by road. One trip includes a helicopter flight, a 2-mile hike toward the Laughton Glacier, and a one-hour ride back to town on the White Pass Railroad. A longer hike on the same trail uses the train for access in both directions and includes time hiking on the glacier. 9th Ave. and State St., Skagway, AK, 99840. 907/983-3005. email@example.com. www.packerexpeditions.com.
Temsco Helicopters. Fly to Denver Glacier for an hour of learning about mushing and riding on a dogsled with Temsco Helicopters. 901 Terminal Way, Skagway, AK, 99840. 907/983-2900 or 866/683-2900. www.temscoair.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $599 & up -- Oceanview: Alaska 7-Night Summer Cruises American Express Travel
- $599 & up -- Balcony: 7-Night Alaska Cruise on Norwegian — $599 American Express Travel
- $299 & up -- 7-Night Alaska Cruise on Holland America — $299 American Express Travel
- $279 & up -- 7-Nt. Alaska Cruise on Princess from Vancouver — $279 American Express Travel