- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Most lodges in Cooper Landing cater to the fishing crowd; ask when you make your reservation.
Alaska Troutfitters. For fly-fishing for trout and salmon, Alaska Troutfitters accommodates every level of fisherperson, from rank amateur to seasoned veteran. The company conducts a school covering everything from casting technique to fishing entomology and can arrange package deals with instruction, fishing, transportation, and accommodations. Cooper Landing, AK. 907/595-1212. www.aktroutfitters.com.
Alaska Wildland Adventures. From the lodge in Cooper Landing south of Anchorage, these folks provide fishing adventures on the upper and lower Kenai River. Cooper Landing, AK. 907/783-2928 or 800/334-8730. www.alaskawildland.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe