- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
As a cruise-ship port, Seward has several routes in and out. Arrive by boat via the Alaska Marine Highway or, from Anchorage, take a luxury Ultradome railcar, or drive the 127 mi from Anchorage. Although there's a small airport, only private planes use it. It's possible to walk around town or from the harbor to downtown, but there's also trolley service in summer.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe