- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Across the Bay Tent & Breakfast Adventure Co.
At a Glance
- friendly owners
- excellent food
- beautiful grounds
- although comfortable, you're still sleeping in a tent
Across the Bay Tent & Breakfast Adventure Co. Review
A step up the comfort ladder from camping, this beachfront establishment is reachable via water taxi from Homer. You stay in sturdy canvas-wall tents with carpeted floors and twin beds, and a large common room has hardwood floors and a piano. Prices vary depending on whether you do your own cooking or eat the gourmet seafood meals prepared by the staff. A propane stove and grill, as well as pots, pans, and picnic tables, are provided. Otherwise, host-prepared meals are hearty and served family style, and include garden-grown greens. A beach is great for walking and beachcombing; guided kayak trips and mountain bikes are available for an extra charge.
- Address: Mi 8, Jakalof Bay Rd., 8 mi east of Seldovia, Seldovia, AK | Map It
- Phone: 907/235-3633 in summer; 907/345-2571 in winter
- Website: www.tentandbreakfastalaska.com
- Location: Seldovia
- 6 tents.
- Closed Labor Day--Memorial Day.
- Seldovia, AK, 907/235 Ext. 3633
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We have done a fair amount of traveling (often with help from these forums) and so people are always asking us where we are going next. Read more
My husband and I really wanted to get to Alaska this year, but due to scheduling conflicts the only time-frame we could make it work was the last weekend of September through the first week of October. Read more
We are doing a northbound cruise from vancover to seward. Read more