- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Orca Book & Sound Co.
Orca Book & Sound Co. Review
Orca Book & Sound Co. is much more than a bookstore. In addition to books, it sells music, art supplies, children's toys, and locally produced art. The walls often double as a gallery for local works or traveling exhibits, and the store specializes in old, rare, out-of-print, and first-edition books, especially Alaskana. In the back is an espresso-smoothie bar; the upstairs area has wireless Internet access for a small fee.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We have done a fair amount of traveling (often with help from these forums) and so people are always asking us where we are going next. Read more
My husband and I really wanted to get to Alaska this year, but due to scheduling conflicts the only time-frame we could make it work was the last weekend of September through the first week of October. Read more
DH and I are thinking of taking a week long trip to Alaska in July. Read more