Eastern Arizona Travel Guide
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Arizona & the Grand Canyon 2013
In a state of dramatic natural wonders, Eastern Arizona is often overlooked—this is unfortunate, as it's one of Arizona's great outdoor playgrounds. In the White Mountains, northeast of Phoenix, you can hike, fish, swim, and, at night, gaze upward at millions of twinkling stars. The region's winter sports are just as varied: you can ski downhill or cross-country, snowboard, snowshoe, and snowmobile.
Most places supply clean rooms without many frills. There aren't the world-class resorts and spas of Phoenix, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. "Resort"...read more
Luxury travel this is not. Fine dining is difficult to find; home-style cooking, steak houses, and the occasional authentic Mexican joint pepper most towns...read more
Things To Do in Eastern Arizona
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
- $140* & up -- Nationwide Flights on American, R/T American Airlines
- $99 -- Phoenix All-Suite Resort w/Waterpark, 40% Off Arizona Grand Resort & Spa
- $85-$110 -- Phoenix: Studio Suite at Golf Resort, 30% Off Legacy Golf Resort
- $29.99 -- Rent a Hyundai Elantra in Phoenix Sixt Rent a Car
- $74-$91 -- Scottsdale Golf Resort incl. Weekends, Save 40% — $74-$91 Orange Tree Golf Resort
Get outside: No place for couch potatoes, Eastern Arizona is home to some of the state's best recreation areas for skiing, fishing, camping, and... Read more
Apache-Sitgreaves National Forests has a listing of all public camping facilities in the region, most of which operate from April to November... Read more
Hiking: Hikers and mountain bikers of all abilities enjoy the White Mountains' 225 miles of interconnecting loop trails, open to visitors on... Read more
The rock art of early Native Americans is carved or painted on basalt boulders, on canyon walls, and on the underside of overhangs throughout... Read more
Whether as an ending to a South American tour or as a trip of solely outdoor adventures, Patagonia calls... Read more
The Swiss city of Basel is getting ready to host to the who's who of the art world yet again, with the... Read more
Do you suffer from Vacation Deprivation?... Read more
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
· Travel Planner
Now85° F Clear 7% Humidity May 22, 2013 at 5:54PM
Check historic weather for your trip datesArriving:
Places To Explore
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Hello fellow travelers!
We are two women from Denmark, 33 and 36 years old, who are planning a trip to the US, but we could use a bit of help with some of the details.
A bit about us, and our travel preferences: Read more