- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Hermits Rest Review
This westernmost viewpoint and Hermit Trail, which descends from it, were named for "hermit" Louis Boucher, a 19th-century French-Canadian prospector who had a number of mining claims and a roughly built home down in the canyon. Views from here include Hermit Rapids and the towering cliffs of the Supai and Redwall formations. In the stone building at Hermits Rest you can buy curios and snacks.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $85-$110 -- Phoenix: Studio Suite at Golf Resort, 30% Off Legacy Golf Resort
- $74-$91 -- Scottsdale Golf Resort incl. Weekends, Save 40% Orange Tree Golf Resort
- $115 & up -- Downtown Phoenix 4-Diamond Hotel at 40% Off — $115 Sheraton Phoenix Downtown Hotel
- $99 -- Tucson AAA 4-Diamond Resort incl. Weekends, Save 40% — $99 The Westin La Paloma Resort & Spa
- $64 -- Arizona: 4-Star Scottsdale Hotel — $64 Hotwire.com
Hello fellow travelers!
We are two women from Denmark, 33 and 36 years old, who are planning a trip to the US, but we could use a bit of help with some of the details.
A bit about us, and our travel preferences: Read more
· News & Features
For 17 days in 2012, admission to more than 100 of the country's National Parks will be free. ... Read more
Planning a family National Park trip this summer?...... Read more
From blazing sunsets to gigantic caverns full of bats, here's where to find the magic of the Southwest...... Read more