- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Roosevelt Point Review
Named after the president who gave the Grand Canyon its national monument status in 1908 (it was upgraded to national park status in 1919), Roosevelt Point is the best place to see the confluence of the Little Colorado River and the Grand Canyon. The cliffs above the Colorado River south of the junction are known as the Palisades of the Desert. A short woodland loop trail leads to this eastern viewpoint.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $99 -- Phoenix All-Suite Resort w/Waterpark, 40% Off Arizona Grand Resort & Spa
- $85-$110 -- Phoenix: Studio Suite at Golf Resort, 30% Off Legacy Golf Resort
- $29.99 -- Rent a Hyundai Elantra in Phoenix Sixt Rent a Car
- $74-$91 -- Scottsdale Golf Resort incl. Weekends, Save 40% — $74-$91 Orange Tree Golf Resort
- $109 & up -- Downtown Phoenix 4-Diamond Hotel at 40% Off — $109 Sheraton Phoenix Downtown Hotel
Hello fellow travelers!
We are two women from Denmark, 33 and 36 years old, who are planning a trip to the US, but we could use a bit of help with some of the details.
A bit about us, and our travel preferences: Read more
· News & Features
For 17 days in 2012, admission to more than 100 of the country's National Parks will be free.... Read more
Planning a family National Park trip this summer?...... Read more
From blazing sunsets to gigantic caverns full of bats, here's where to find the magic of the Southwest...... Read more