North-Central Arizona Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go to North-Central Arizona
Mother Nature: Stunning red rocks, snowcapped mountains, and crisp country air rejuvenate the most cynical city dwellers. Nature lovers should visit either the Coconino or Prescott national forest.
Father Time: Ancient Native American sites, such as Walnut Canyon and Montezuma's Castle, show life before Columbus "discovered" America. You can learn their history in the excellent national monument visitor centers.
Main Street charm: Jerome and Prescott exude small-town hospitality with turn-of-the-20th-century architecture and charming bed-and-breakfasts.
Cool escapes: Beat the heat in the high desert; temperatures throughout north-central Arizona are typically 20°F cooler than in the Phoenix area.
Free spirits: The energy of Sedona is delightfully infectious; even skeptics might be tempted to get their aura read.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Book 3-Star Sonesta ES Suites Flagstaff Fr $140+/Nt Expedia
- Flagstaff Savings! Book at Little America Flagstaff Fr $185+/Nt Expedia
- $21.95 & up : Midsize rentals in Flagstaff Hotwire
- Book the Super 8 I-40 Flagstaff Mall 3 Nts in May Fr $123+/Nt — $123 Expedia
- $23.95 & up : Full Size rentals in Flagstaff — $24 Hotwire