Northeast Arizona Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go to Northeast Arizona
Drive the rim roads at Canyon de Chelly: Visit one of the most spectacular natural wonders in the Southwest—it rivals the Grand Canyon for beauty, albeit on a much smaller scale. It's a must for photography buffs.
Go boating at Glen Canyon: Get to know this stunning, mammoth reservoir by taking a boat out on Lake Powell amid the towering cliffs.
Explore Hubbell Trading Post: Take the self-guided tour to experience the relationship between the traders and the Navajo.
Shop for handmade crafts on the Hopi Mesas: Pick up crafts by some of Arizona's leading Hopi artisans, who sustain their culture through continuous occupation of the ancient villages on these mesas.
Take a jeep tour through Monument Valley: On an excursion through this 92,000-acre area, see firsthand the landscape depicted in such iconic Western films as Stagecoach and The Searchers.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe