- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- right in heart of Monument Valley
- incredibly peaceful
- indoor pool open all year
- remote location
- not cheap
- tends to book up weeks in advance in summer
Check Rates from our Partners
Goulding's Lodge Review
Nestled beneath a massive red-rock monolith, this two-level property affords spectacular views of Monument Valley from each room's private balcony. Before the View Hotel opened nearby with even more impressive views, this was the only lodging in the region offering truly knockout views. It has more history than its new competitor, but it's not as plush, although rooms do have DVD players, free Wi-Fi, and flat-screen TVs; there are also several family suites, each with two bedrooms and full kitchens. The on-premise Stagecoach restaurant, serving American and Southwestern fare, is decorated with Western movie memorabilia. Goulding's also conducts custom guided tours and provides Navajo guides into the backcountry.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Book in Page: Save at the Rodeway Inn Page in May Fr $140+/Nt Expedia
- Save at 3-Star Courtyard Page at Lake Powell: $184 & Up in May Expedia
Hello fellow travelers!
We are two women from Denmark, 33 and 36 years old, who are planning a trip to the US, but we could use a bit of help with some of the details.
A bit about us, and our travel preferences: Read more
· News & Features
Worried about your rights as a cruise ship passenger?... Read more
They say that if you put it in a tortilla, Los Angeles will eat it.... Read more
Often just a side trip from Hong Kong, Macau is known as a gambler's paradise.... Read more