- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- unbelievable panoramas from every room
- stylish furnishings
- eco-conscious bath products, appliances, and buildings standards
- priciest lodging in the region
- books up weeks in advance in summer
- Wi-Fi doesn't reach all rooms
Check Rates from our Partners
View Hotel Review
The Navajo tribe operates this sleek, three-story, red-stucco hotel, the only lodging inside Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park. On a bluff beside the visitor center, it's one of the most spectacularly situated hotels in the Southwest. The astounding vistas from every room—and from the elevators, which have windows—live up to the hotel's name. Nearly all the rooms face east toward the iconic Mittens and Totem Pole formations. All have private balconies, flat-screen TVs, tile floors, and brightly hued Navajo bedspreads. You can read or relax in a cavernous lobby with tall windows, leather chairs, and hand-carved furnishings, or work out in a small gym looking out toward Mitchell Butte.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Save in Page: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $149+/Nt Save with Expedia, $31/night less
- Book 3-Star Courtyard Page at Lake Powell Fr $195+/Nt Save with Expedia, $12/night less
Hello fellow travelers!
We are two women from Denmark, 33 and 36 years old, who are planning a trip to the US, but we could use a bit of help with some of the details.
A bit about us, and our travel preferences: Read more
· News & Features
Memorial Day is the unofficial start of what we like to call "weekend getaway season."... Read more
Wineries have a very obvious main draw.... Read more
The Aran Islands (Inishmore, Inishmaan, and Inisheer) are three small, but adventure-packed islands o... Read more