- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Desert Rose Inn and Cabins
At a Glance
- family-owned and run by a great staff
- scenic setting
- good base if you're coming from points north or east
- A (beautiful) 40-minute drive to Monument Valley Tribal Park
Desert Rose Inn and Cabins Review
This nicely maintained motel with a handsome timber-frame facade and panoramic views of the surrounding red rocks is in Bluffs, 25 miles northeast of Mexican Hat; it's an excellent base for exploring Goosenecks State Park, the northern end of Monument Valley, and even Canyonlands National Park, to the north. Rooms are spacious with log-frame beds and large bathrooms, and there are also six upscale cabins with wood-paneled walls, high ceilings, and private porches.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Hello fellow travelers!
We are two women from Denmark, 33 and 36 years old, who are planning a trip to the US, but we could use a bit of help with some of the details.
A bit about us, and our travel preferences: Read more
· News & Features
Summertime is practically synonymous with road trips. ... Read more
A family trip to Hawaii's Big Island would be one filled with outdoor thrills, animal adventures, and... Read more
A babymoon in the Bahamas has one order of business: you must do absolutely nothing.... Read more