- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Hualapai Mountain Park
Hualapai Mountain Park Review
You haven't truly hiked in northwestern Arizona until you've hiked in Hualapai Mountain Park. A 15-mile drive from town up Hualapai Mountain Road leads to the park's more than 2,300 wooded acres, with 10 miles of developed and undeveloped hiking trails, picnic areas, ATV trails, rustic cabins ($70 to $125 per night), and RV (full hookups) and tent areas. Along the park's trail system you'll find a striking variety of plant life such as prickly pear cactus and Arizona walnut. Abundant species of birds and mammals such as the piñon jay and the Abert squirrel live here, and pristine stands of unmarred aspen mark the higher elevations. Any of the trails can be hiked in about three hours. The Hayden Peak Trail is a branch of a 16-mile trail system, which links with many other trails at a high elevation. The popular Aspen Peak Trail is shorter, 2 miles one way. Trail maps are available at the park office. Keep in mind the terrain in the park ranges from 5,000 to 8,500 feet above sea level, and snow—sometimes heavy—is common in winter.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Knights Inn Kingman AZ on Sale: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $56+/Nt Expedia
- $80.00 & up : 3.5-star hotels in Kingman Hotwire
- $23.99 & up : Midsize rentals in Lake Havasu City Hotwire
- Save in Kingman: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $67+/Nt — $67 Expedia
- $27.99 & up : Full Size rentals in Lake Havasu City — $28 Hotwire
Hello fellow travelers!
We are two women from Denmark, 33 and 36 years old, who are planning a trip to the US, but we could use a bit of help with some of the details.
A bit about us, and our travel preferences: Read more
· News & Features
Earlier this week, Consumer Reports released their annual study of the best and worst domestic airlines.... Read more
From the steamed cider aromas that hit you in the lobby to the local ingredients served in the restaurant,... Read more
You might not expect to find yourself amongst wine grapes a mere 75 miles outside of New York City.... Read more