- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Grand Canyon Ranch
Grand Canyon Ranch Review
Sprawling at the base of Spirit Mountain, this historic 106,000-acre working cattle ranch takes guests on an adventure to the Old West. Corriente cattle still roam the hills and their cowboy caretakers guide horseback tours and horse-drawn wagon rides through the rugged countryside. Tap Duncan (a member of the Hole-in-the-Wall Gang) lived here, and Andy Devine supposedly spent some time working here. The ranch now offers rustic cabins, home-cooked meals, horseback riding, wagon rides, and a helicopter tour of Grand Canyon West. Take U.S. 93 north from Kingman 40 miles and turn right onto Pierce Ferry Road. Follow the paved road for 29 miles, then turn right onto the unpaved Diamond Bar Ranch Road. The Grand Canyon West Ranch is 5.5 miles farther on the right side of the road. Located just 14 miles southwest of Grand Canyon West, the ranch is a popular stopping-off point for day-trippers seeking spectacular canyon views in this remote region. Call ahead to arrange your visit. A variety of packages are available, with or without meal plans, depending on which activities you're interested in.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Book 3 Nts in Lake Havasu City this May Fr $60+/Nt Expedia
- Visit Lake Havasu City for Less: Hotels Fr $147+/Nt Travelocity
- $21.99 & up : Compact rentals in Lake Havasu City Hotwire
- Book the Motel 6 Lake Havasu City 3 Nts in May Fr $50+/Nt — $50 Expedia
- $19.99 & up : Economy rentals in Lake Havasu City — $20 Hotwire
Hello fellow travelers!
We are two women from Denmark, 33 and 36 years old, who are planning a trip to the US, but we could use a bit of help with some of the details.
A bit about us, and our travel preferences: Read more
· News & Features
Earlier this week, Consumer Reports released their annual study of the best and worst domestic airlines.... Read more
From the steamed cider aromas that hit you in the lobby to the local ingredients served in the restaurant,... Read more
You might not expect to find yourself amongst wine grapes a mere 75 miles outside of New York City.... Read more