- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort
At a Glance
- adjacent to the Phoenix Mountain Preserve, making it an ideal base for hiking and biking trips
- affordable alternative to luxury resorts nearby
- finding a parking spot can be a challenge
- rooms near lobby are noisy
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort Review
The highlight of this family-oriented Hilton is the 9-acre recreation area Hole-in-the-Wall River Ranch; it has swimming pools with waterfalls, a 130-foot waterslide, and a 1,000-foot "river" that winds past a miniature golf course, tennis courts, and artificial buttes. Accommodations in the stucco buildings vary from standard two-room suites to a grand three-bedroom house; all have balconies. It is also adjacent to the very busy AZ 51, though it manages to filter out most freeway noise. Kids can enjoy the "Coyote Camp" youth programs while adults take in area golf and the Tocasierra Spa.
Traveling families escape the Phoenix heat at the Hilton's "Hole-in-the-Wall River Ranch," a massive water park that includes waterfalls, a 130-foot waterslide, and a 1,000-foot "river" that winds around the property. Elsewhere on the 9-acre recreation area are minigolf courts and tennis, and hiking and biking trips are right next door at the Phoenix Mountain Preserve.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $99 -- Phoenix All-Suite Resort w/Waterpark, 40% Off Arizona Grand Resort & Spa
- $85-$110 -- Phoenix: Studio Suite at Golf Resort, 30% Off Legacy Golf Resort
- $29.99 -- Rent a Hyundai Elantra in Phoenix Sixt Rent a Car
- $74-$91 -- Scottsdale Golf Resort incl. Weekends, Save 40% — $74-$91 Orange Tree Golf Resort
- $109 & up -- Downtown Phoenix 4-Diamond Hotel at 40% Off — $109 Sheraton Phoenix Downtown Hotel
Hello fellow travelers!
We are two women from Denmark, 33 and 36 years old, who are planning a trip to the US, but we could use a bit of help with some of the details.
A bit about us, and our travel preferences: Read more
· News & Features
Earlier this week, Consumer Reports released their annual study of the best and worst domestic airlines.... Read more
From the steamed cider aromas that hit you in the lobby to the local ingredients served in the restaurant,... Read more
You might not expect to find yourself amongst wine grapes a mere 75 miles outside of New York City.... Read more