When to Go
When to Go
Most people visit Saguaro in milder weather, October through April, though the park never gets crowded. December through February can be cool and is prone to gentle rain showers. The spring months from March through May offer bright, sunny days and desert wildflowers in bloom. Because of high temperatures, it's best to visit the park in the early morning or late afternoon from June through September. The intense summer heat puts off most hikers, at least at lower elevations, but lodging prices are much cheaper—rates at top resorts in Tucson drop by as much as 70%.
Cooler temperatures return in October and November, providing perfect weather for hiking and camping. In April, Hispanic culture and heritage are celebrated in the park during Fiesta de Saguaro.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $167* & up -- Flights to/from Tucson on American, R/T American Airlines
- $99 -- Tucson AAA 4-Diamond Resort incl. Weekends, Save 40% The Westin La Paloma Resort & Spa