In the western section, the Red Hills Visitor Center and two nearby nature trails are wheelchair accessible. The eastern district's visitor center is accessible, as is the paved Desert Ecology Trail.
Admission Fees and Permits
Admission is $10 per vehicle and $5 for individuals on foot or bicycle; it is good for seven days from purchase. Annual passes cost $25. For backcountry camping, obtain a required permit for $6 nightly per campsite from the Saguaro East Visitor Center up to two months in advance.
The park is open daily, 7 am to sunset. It's in the mountain time zone.
The park has no ATMs, but banks are found throughout Tucson.
Automobile Service Stations
Qwikmart (Golf Links Rd. and Harrison Rd., 3 mi northwest of Saguaro East, Tucson, AZ, 85730. 520/298-9120. Interstate 10 and Ina Rd., 8 mi northeast of Saguaro West, 85741.)
Cell-phone reception is generally good in the eastern district but is unreliable in the western district. The visitor centers have pay phones.
Park Contact Information
Saguaro National Park (3693 S. Old Spanish Trail, Tucson, AZ, 85730. 520/733-5158 Saguaro West; 520/733-5153 Saguaro East. www.nps.gov/sagu.)
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $99 -- Tucson AAA 4-Diamond Resort incl. Weekends, Save 40% The Westin La Paloma Resort & Spa