- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Velvet Elvis Pizza Company
Velvet Elvis Pizza Company Review
There aren't too many places where you can enjoy a pizza heaped with organic veggies, a crisp salad of organic greens tossed with homemade dressing, freshly pressed juice (try the beet-, apple-, and lime-juice concoction), organic wine, and microbrewed or imported beer while surrounded by images of Elvis and the Virgin Mary. Owner Cecilia San Miguel uses a 1930s dough recipe for the restaurant's delightful whole wheat crust; daily specials such as Carne Adobada, tender roasted pork in a red chili sauce, and curried vegetable stew entice those who may seek a lower-carb alternative.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $99 -- Tucson AAA 4-Diamond Resort incl. Weekends, Save 40% The Westin La Paloma Resort & Spa
Hello fellow travelers!
We are two women from Denmark, 33 and 36 years old, who are planning a trip to the US, but we could use a bit of help with some of the details.
A bit about us, and our travel preferences: Read more
· News & Features
Whether as an ending to a South American tour or as a trip of solely outdoor adventures, Patagonia calls... Read more
The Swiss city of Basel is getting ready to host to the who's who of the art world yet again, with the... Read more
Do you suffer from Vacation Deprivation?... Read more