Golf in Death Valley National Park
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Furnace Creek Golf Club. Play 9 or 18 holes at the lowest golf course in the world (214 feet below sea level). Its improbably green fairways are lined with date palms and tamarisk trees, and its level of difficulty is rated surprisingly high. The club rents clubs and carts, and greens fees are reduced for Furnace Creek Ranch or Furnace Creek Inn guests. In winter, reservations are essential. Hwy. 190, Furnace Creek, CA, 92328. 760/786-2301. www.furnacecreekresort.com. $30-$55. Tee times 6am-3:30pm; pro shop 6am-5pm.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe