- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Furnace Creek Inn
At a Glance
- great views
- a far cry from roughing it
Furnace Creek Inn Review
This is Death Valley's most luxurious accommodations, going so far as to have valet parking. Built in 1927, this adobe-brick-and-stone lodge is nestled in one of the park's greenest oases. A warm mineral stream gurgles across the property, and its 85°F waters feed into a swimming pool. The rooms are decorated in earth tones, with tasteful furnishings. The top-notch Furnace Creek Inn Dining Room serves desert-theme dishes such as crispy cactus, as well as less exotic fare like cumin-lime shrimp, lamb, and New York strip steak. Afternoon tea has been a tradition since 1927.
- Address: Furnace Creek Village, near intersection of Hwy. 190 and Badwater Rd., Death Valley, CA | Map It
- Phone: 760/786-2345
- Website: www.furnacecreekresort.com
- Location: Death Valley National Park
- 66 rooms.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed mid-May--mid-Oct.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $23.95 & up : Economy rentals in Inyokern Hotwire
- $29.95 & up : Full Size rentals in Inyokern — $30 Hotwire
- $22.95 & up : Compact rentals in Inyokern — $23 Hotwire
Just thought I'd post our trip report from this past weekend at the Big Sur Marathon. Read more
I’m just going to state the nitty-gritty to keep this post short. Read more
We will be taking a family trip to California May 8 thru May 18. Read more
· News & Features
After months of grounding due to safety and reliability concerns, the buzzed-about Boeing 787 Dreamline ... Read more
Montenegro is heating up, and for good reason.... Read more
You're all ready to go to Disney—the kids are packed, you've got good walking shoes.... Read more