Cholla Cactus Garden
Cholla Cactus Garden Review
This stand of bigelow cholla (sometimes called jumping cholla, since its hooked spines seem to jump at you) is best seen and photographed in late afternoon, when the backlit spiky stalks stand out against a colorful sky.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $99-$103 -- California: Palm Springs Resort, 60% Off The Westin Mission Hills Resort & Spa
Just thought I'd post our trip report from this past weekend at the Big Sur Marathon. Read more
I’m just going to state the nitty-gritty to keep this post short. Read more
We are staying at the Andaz in West Hollywood with 2 kids (8 & 11).
Would you recommend to staying at this hotel for families? We got this hotel through Priceline, but only realized afterwards tha Read more
· News & Features
Tired of the same ol' tropical getaways?... Read more
What exactly is Joshua Tree?... Read more
Less than 30 miles from the center of Palm Springs, this arid wilderness starkly contrasts with the neighboring... Read more