Sports and the Outdoors in Lake Tahoe
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Sports and the Outdoors
Tahoe Whitewater Tours. If you want to kayak or inner-tube the white-water course through downtown or outside town, call this company, which provides guided trips, instruction, and rentals for do-it-yourselfers. 400 Island Ave., Reno, NV, 89505. 775/787-5000 or 800/442-7238. www.gowhitewater.com.
Sierra Adventures. Rent bicycles as well as kayaks from this outfitter, which also conducts guided rafting trips. 11 N. Sierra St., # 101, Reno, NV, 89501. 775/323-8928 or 866/323-8928. www.wildsierra.com.
Lake Ridge Golf Course. You can golf 18 holes at this par-71 course, designed by Robert Trent Jones Sr. The signature 15th hole is set 140 feet above a lake; the green is on an island below. Greens fees range from $60 to $85. 1218 Golf Club Dr., off Plumas St., Reno, NV, 89509. 800/815-6966. www.lakeridgegolf.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe