- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
The entrance to Emerald Bay State Park is on the east side of a narrow, twisty section of Highway 89. Caution is the keyword for both drivers and pedestrians. In summer, BlueGO's Nifty 50 Trolley serves the area from South Lake Tahoe. From the northern and western communities, take a TART bus to Tahoma and transfer to the trolley. The park is closed to vehicles in the winter.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $81 -- Blue Man Group’s New Vegas Show, Reg. $116 Blue Man Group