- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
High Camp. The Granite Chief Wilderness and the high peaks surrounding Olympic Valley are accessible by foot, but save yourself a 2,000-foot elevation gain by riding the Squaw Valley Aerial Tram to High Camp, the starting point for several hikes. Pick up trail maps at the tram building. High Camp offers sunset hikes in summer, and full moon hikes in winter. Olympic Valley, CA. 800/402-0206. www.squaw.com.
Olympic Ice Pavilion. Ice-skate here from late November to mid-March. A ride up the mountain in the Aerial Tram costs $29, plus $12 for skate rental and one hour of skate time. End your outing in the hot tub ($10). In summer, the pavilion converts into a roller-skating rink. Year-round, you get fabulous views of the lake and the Sierra Nevada. 1960 Squaw Valley Rd., High Camp, Squaw Valley, Olympic Valley, CA, 96146. 800/403-0206. www.squaw.com.
Squaw Valley Adventure Center. Next to the Olympic Village Lodge, on the far side of the creek, this activities center has an 18-hole miniature golf course, a ropes course, and sometimes a bungee trampoline, a blast for kids. 1960 Squaw Valley Rd., Olympic Valley, CA, 96146. 530/583-7673. www.squawadventure.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $81 -- Blue Man Group’s New Vegas Show, Reg. $116 Blue Man Group