- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Hollywood Wax Museum
Hollywood Wax Museum Review
If a walk through Hollywood hasn't yielded any star-spotting, head over to this venerable icon of a museum which has been open continuously for more than 45 years.
Get up close and personal with the trio of contemporary Charlie's Angels (Drew Barrymore, Cameron Diaz, and Lucy Liu), or pose with a dapper, life-like Samuel L. Jackson. Vignettes from classic films recreate well-known scenes, such as Katharine Hepburn and Humphrey Bogart in The African Queen or Tom Hanks in Forrest Gump, as well as the figures from the Wizard of Oz, on display since 1965. There's an homage to Heath Ledger as The Dark Knight, alongside older icons such as John Wayne and the everpresent Charlie Chaplin.
Be sure to walk the red carpet with the latest Oscar stars and, if you're so inclined, creep along the dimly lit "horror chamber" where scenes from popular films of fright are reconstructed. The effect is heightened at night when fewer visitors are around.
Exhibits change on a regular basis, so expect new figures to join the wax family each visit.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $157-$197 -- LA: Suite at 4-Star Hotel w/Rooftop Pool BookIt.com
- $53-$76 -- Anaheim Hotel near Disney w/Breakfast, 70% Off BookIt.com
- $8.56 & up -- Car Rentals across California CarRentals.com
- $165 & up -- The Standard Downtown LA, Save 35% — $165 Expedia
- $189-$209 -- Weekends & Holidays at Beverly Hills Hotel — $189-$209 Residence Inn Beverly Hills
Just thought I'd post our trip report from this past weekend at the Big Sur Marathon. Read more
I’m just going to state the nitty-gritty to keep this post short. Read more
We (husband and 6 yr old son) will be flying to Seattle on July 4th, staying the weekend. Read more
· News & Features
We're sure your friends' Instagram photos of their puppies are super cute, but Brad Tully's animal snaps... Read more
From major airline uniform upgrades to tips from the jet set on doing Paris right, this was a very chic... Read more
The curious and daring among you will discover the vibrant, gilded landscape of Istanbul, the city tha... Read more